Women's #CAAHoops Weekly Report - Nov. 25
CAA WOMEN’S BASKETBALL WEEKLY REPORT: NOV. 25
Full Report Located in PDF form in Quick Links
• Non-Conference Record: The CAA teams are 21-22 (.488) against non-conference opponents. James Madison (4-0) has posted wins over Virginia and Liberty, while Northeastern and Delaware follow with a 4-1 records loss apiece.
• Naismith Early Top 50 Watch List: James Madison’s Kirby Burkholder was named to the Top 50 Naismith Women’s Basketball Early Watch List.
• Perfect Shooting: Northeastern’s Kazzidy Stewart completed the week not missing a shot over the span of two games, shooting 100% (8-8) from the floor.
• National Polls: James Madison continued to receive votes in the AP Poll, while three teams (UD, JMU and Drexel) are ranked among the Top 25 Mid-Major Poll and Northeastern is receiving votes.
• Welcome to the CAA: The CAA welcomes the College of Charleston Cougars to the league for this season.
• New Head Coaches: The league welcomes two new head coaches as Niki Reid Geckeler takes over the leadership of the Towson Tigers and Ed Swanson starts a new era at the helm of the William & Mary Tribe after 23 years at Sacred Heart.
• 2014 CAA Championship: The CAA Women’s Basketball Championship will return to the Show Place Arena in Upper Marlboro, Md in 2014 for the fourth straight season.
PLAYERS OF THE WEEK:
Precious Hall • James Madison
Tallahassee, Fla./Maclay School, So., Guard
Hall was selected as the CAA Women’s Basketball Player of the Week after she led the Dukes to a pair of victories over Richmond and Alcorn State and helped James Madison to a 4-0 mark to start the season. The sophomore guard led the Dukes in scoring for both outings and averaged 19.0 points per game. Hall shot .517 percent (15-29) from the floor on the week, including a 6-10 (.600) effort from beyond the arc to increase her season total to seven made three-pointers. She grabbed eight rebounds in her two starts and added seven assists, after only dishing two assists in her first two outings on the year.
ROOKIE OF THE WEEK:
Erika Brown • Delaware
Haledon, N.J./Paterson Kennedy, Fr., Guard
Brown earns CAA Women’s Basketball Rookie of the Week honors after helping the Blue Hens improve to 4-1 on the year with victories over Monmouth and Rider last week. The young guard contributed 12.5 points per game on 9-20 shooting from the floor (.450) and a 4-9 effort from long range (.444), as all four treys made came against Monmouth for a career-best mark. Brown also provided points from the free throw line going 3-5 (.600) and added six total rebounds, five assists and one steal in her two starts.