CAA EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES
updated Nov. 27, 2013
DIRECTOR OF CHAMPIONSHIPS
This is one of two positions in the Championships Department with shared responsibilities for the Conference’s 21-sport championship program. The position reports to the Associate Commissioner for Championships.
- Primary responsibilities will include overseeing the administration and pre-event planning of assigned CAA Conference championships as well as game management and sport responsibility coverage for eight to ten sports.
- Primary administrator for women’s basketball with all applicable constituencies. Serve as the Director of the Women’s Basketball Championship with oversight of all aspects of the championship.
- Serve as the primary liaison with coaches and committee representatives to coordinate policy initiatives and recommendations through the CAA governance process for assigned sports and updating game management and championship manuals.
- Additional duties will include producing conference schedules, conducting annual coaches meetings and supervising designated assignors of officials and officiating programs.
- Administrator of budget for each assigned championship. This position will also assist with the student-athlete participation award and conference/championship award programs.
- Other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree required with a minimum of three years administrative experience, preferably in event management/game operations; demonstrated knowledge of NCAA rules. Candidates should have proficient computer skills including utilization of the Microsoft Office Suite. Possess strong written and verbal communication, including presentation skills, along with proven organizational, analytical, problem-solving and team-building skills. An ability to effectively interact with diverse groups, work in an environment with multiple priorities and meet deadlines is required.
Salary is commensurate with experience. The CAA is an equal opportunity employer. A full benefit package to include health insurance and retirement will be provided. Review of resumes will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
For consideration, please submit via e-mail a letter of application, resume, and contact information for at least 3 professional references to:
Ms. Cynthia Williams (email@example.com)
Chief Operating Officer
Colonial Athletic Association
8625 Patterson Avenue
Richmond, VA 23229