WBB Report - Dec. 31
• The 11 league members have posted a 60-55 record in the season against non-conference foes. The conference schedule is set to begin Jan. 6.
• Elena Delle Donne, who missed six of the first seven UD games due to illness, returned to the court on Dec. 20 as the Blue Hens took on nationally-ranked Maryland.
• Shante Evans and the Hofstra Pride won back-to-back games over power conference teams (Ole Miss and Northwestern) to win the NY Life Holiday Tournament title.
• The most recent RPIRatings.com report posted that the CAA was ranked 15th among the 33 conferences with two teams in the Top 100.
• The College of Charleston has accepted an invitation of membership to join the CAA beginning July 2013.
• The CAA Women's Basketball Championship will return to the Show Place Arena in Upper Marlboro, Maryland in 2013 for the third straight season.
• Delaware fell out of the Associated Press and USA Today Coaches Top 25 Polls on Nov. 19, but continued to receive votes in the AP Poll.
CAA AT NO. 15 IN RPI RANKING (Through Dec. 30): The CAA is ranked 15th among the nation's 33 Division I conferences in women's basketball according to the RPI report compiled by Collegiate Basketball News. Delaware jumped to No. 40 in the team RPI ranking, as one of two CAA team in the Top 100. James Madison (99) also fell within the Top 100. Drexel (101), Old Dominion (105), Northeastern (133), Hofstra (171) and George Mason (199) round out the CAA teams in the Top 200.
PLAYER OF THE WEEK:
Elena Delle Donne • Delaware
Wilmington, Del./Ursuline, Jr., Guard/Forward
Delle Donne was named CAA Women's Basketball Player of the Week after leading the Blue Hens to the Blue Sky Classic title with wins over Villanova and Duquesne. She recorded back-to-back double-doubles and earned MVP honors. Delle Donne averaged 20.0 points and 12.5 rebounds per game for the Blue Hens. She also added six blocks, three assists and a steal. Her 23 points against Duquesne was her 75th game with 20-plus points in her career.
ROOKIE OF THE WEEK:
Dominique Johnson • Towson
Laurel, Md./Riverdale Baptist, Fr., Guard
Johnston earned CAA Women's Basketball Rookie of the Week accolades after leading the Tigers their first ever win over Maine in program history. The rookie poured in a career-high 20 points on 6-of-12 shooting from the floor, including 3-for-5 from long range. She also shot 5-for-6 from the free throw line for Towson. Johnson added a rebound, an assist, a block and two steals in the win.